Monday, September 15, 2008

Well, lets see, whats been going on in Louly...



Well Ramadan is still in full swing. I hadent planned on it but I decided that I would go ahead with what my family and my village asked repeatedly, following the example of the all powerful Latyr and see how fasting goes for a few days. I started thinking it would just be for the day but then ended up making an over the weekend three day thing. I made up my mind that I was not doing it because latyr did it, and according to my village, so did his visiting grandparents. I was not doing it even just because they kept asking me why i wasnt everyday. i was doing it for myself. and because it is what is on peoples minds right now and having a better understanding of one small aspect of the crazy things that seem to happen in my village might make other things easier. also it is a good conversation point and i am trying to develope my serere conversation skills. but mostly i was doing it for my own self and as a test of my own will.



Not that three days is really any big thing, and i just sat around each day under the baobabs with the other fasting older men and catholics too.

POWER OUTAGE! Auto-saving and backdating to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment