Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ready to Begin

Well, here it goes. A whole shiny new blog... cool.

Ok, so a little what's what first:

Right now I have a bit less than a month before I leave for West Africa, Senegal, to work in Environmental Education with the Peace Corps. Whenever I think about it, I feel a rush of emotions that float between a jumpy excitement, nervousness, eagerness, and a feeling that I am way way over my head.

I have only really been far out of the country once before, almost ten years ago, I dont think my french is really up to par, and, oh right, I have never taught anyone about the environment before. maybe all that is minor, but i still feel particularly out of my league.

I had originally planned on English Ed in the Pacific islands leaving back in September, but... well... that fell through.

I just found out today that my Orientation will be taking place in the great city of, *drumroll*, Atlanta! Well that would be terribly exciting if not for the fact that I already live here and have lived here all my life. Well, its only a couple of days of leaving home but not leaving home, and then I fly off to another continent. I was kinda hoping the orientation would be in D.C. or Philadelphia or I dont know, not down the street...

So, oh right, I am going to try and update this as much as possible while I am in Senegal. That really means as often as I can find myself in a large city with an internet cafe and time to use one i suppose. That may not really be that often but I guess we shall all see.

Err, thats good for now i guess, i gotta figure out how to work all this blog stuff now...

No comments:

Post a Comment