Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Errrm...

Travel seems to be a big part of many of these days. I would rather it not be as I am starting to become rather fed up with my bike. Or rather, I am becoming frustrated with the tires as they seem to prefer to be flat, and are flat, each and everytime that I look at them. The rest of the bike is working splendidly besides getting me covered in greese. This morning, after bikeing almost to Mbour in record time, i was sourly interupted suddenly when the back tire decided that it would only hold air for a hundred meters at a time. I spent a good little bit of time then this morning after walking the rest of the way taking apart the bits and gibbles, even puting the tire under water and only finding one very unimpressive hole that I patched (perhaps badly, but it was my first patch and no one to tell me how). That fun little episode certainly has not stopped the tires, both of them, even now, from going flat each and every chance that they get. I will leave for home a little early and assume that I will stop every twenty feet to fill them up again. Tomorrow, among other things, will be fix my bike day. Hopefully freal this time.

[as is the way of things, this is when the power decided to cut out]

2 comments:

  1. yo, tell me what size the tyres are and which kind of valve stem you prefer (the kind on car tyres or the weird skinny schrader valves) and i will try to send you some new ones bud!
    -eL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. Well, first I am gonna try and fix my back one again. I took it to a place that fixed the front one\set it on fire, and it seems to be ok now. I will let you know if i need some sent.

    I definetly appreciate it though. and good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete