Monday, May 25, 2009

Fully Funded!

The latrine project has been fully funded!

I just found out a day ago that the PC website updated its information and now boasts that my project has achieved all of its required funding! THANK YOU ALL! To the people who I know and dont know, to my friends and family, to those that passed the word on and those that were more than generous, THANK YOU! I know there were even more people who were all set to give more, people who just found out about it and people with great kind hearts, -thank you too for your interest and support!

If you are still giddy in the giving spirit, I know there are other PCVs with worthy projects that are as eager to get funds as I was, so check them out!

My thanks will never be enough of course, but I will do my best to proceed with this project, document and communicate to yall how everything turns out qnd how appreciative the community is.

As for the current timeline, my village counterpart agrees that trying to get this done durring the rainy season is problematic for a variety of reasons and because it has taken most of this dry season to bring the project from creation to now, the best way to preceed is to begin the actual construction after the rainy season. Unfortunately this means multiple months of nothing besides securing the materials and transport to our village.

I will keep you all in the know as to what is going on regularly. Thank you all, again, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That´s awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got more friends than you realize. But your humble surprise is also a part of what makes you great. What you are doing is amazing and represents the best of what people can do for others -- people see that and have responded. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete